January 20, 2017
Healthy Vegetable Quiche fortified with AdVital Powder is high in protein, energy dense, and provides a good source of Vitamin A & D and Calcium.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Yields: 8 serves
Short crust pastry, refer to Short Crust Pastry Recipe
1Preheat oven to 180°C conventional/170°C fan forced.
2Grease 25cm wide, 3cm deep fluted loose-bottomed quiche/flan tin and line with pastry.
3Defrost spinach, squeeze out excess water. Defrost mixed vegetables and peas. If using larger mixed vegetables roughly chop into 1-2cm pieces.
4Heat butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté gently until softened.
5Add all vegetables to pan and evaporate excess water. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Add parsley and cheese. Spread evenly into pan.
6Whisk eggs and AdVital Powder together until smooth and lump free. Blend in the milk and pour into the pan. Season to taste.
7Bake for 40 minutes or until just set.
8Leave in the tin for 10 minutes to cool down slightly, slice and serve.
Hints & Tips
- Toss in a ½ cup chopped and cooked bacon or chicken for extra flavour.
- Substitute the tasty cheese with feta or other cheeses of your choice.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk.
- Choose low FODMAP vegetables such as carrot, zucchini and green beans and replace peas and onion.
- Use a lower lactose cheese and lactose free cream.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.