January 19, 2017
Nourishing Vegetable Curry fortified with AdVital Powder is high in protein, energy dense, and provides a good source of Vitamin A & D and Calcium.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Yields: 6 serves
Yoghurt, refer to Plain Yoghurt Recipe
1On medium, heat the oil, add hard vegetables and cook, stirring frequently until sizzling and lightly golden.
2Add in sauce, bring to the simmer and cook, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are almost cooked through but still firm in the middle.
3Add in the softer (or frozen mixed) vegetables and simmer gently for a further 10 minutes or until all vegetables are just cooked through.
4Cook rice to packet directions. Drain and keep warm.
5Remove curry from heat, stir in AdVital Powder until well combined. Season to taste.
6Serve curry and rice with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of coriander.
Hints & Tips
- For added protein, replace a cup of vegetables with a can of drained chickpeas.
- To reduce the cooking time, microwave the diced hard vegetables until they are almost cooked and add them with the softer vegetables.
- For added flavour, onions and garlic can be added into step 1.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use a FODMAP friendly simmer sauce that is free of gluten, onion and garlic, and low FODMAP vegetables such as zucchini, capsicum and green beans instead of cauliflower, broccoli and snow peas.
- Use lactose free yoghurt.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.