January 27, 2017
Fresh and colourful Vegetable Bake fortified with AdVital Powder is high in protein and provides a good source of Vitamin D and Calcium.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 1 hr 15 mins
- Yields: 6 serves
1Preheat oven to 180°C conventional/160°C fan forced.
2Lightly grease one medium-sized oven proof dish.
3Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, fry garlic and onion stirring constantly, until soft.
4Add all grated vegetables to the pot, fry on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables have started to soften. Drain off any free liquid and allow the vegetables to cool, approximately 10 minutes.
5In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, and AdVital Powder until smooth. Whisk in the milk until smooth.
6Add vegetables to egg mix, stir through. Season to taste, pour mixture into prepared dish.
7Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over the top.
8Place dish in oven and bake for approximately 60-75 minutes or until firm, golden and slightly puffed.
9Leave to stand for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
Hints & Tips
- For a meat version, add 1 cup of cooked diced ham or chicken.
- Add a drained can of lentils for extra protein or try a small drained can of crushed pineapple.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
- Try with different herbs for extra flavour.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Leave out onion and garlic. Add fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, thyme or rosemary for extra flavour.
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk.
- Replace broccoli and cauliflower with pumpkin or extra amounts of the other vegetables.
- Choose a lower lactose cheese.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.