Spinach & Feta Rolls
January 20, 2017
Delicious Spinach & Feta Rolls fortified with AdVital Powder are high in protein, energy dense, and provide a good source of Vitamin A & D and Calcium.
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 12 rolls/6 serves
1Preheat oven to 220°C conventional/200°C fan forced. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2Defrost spinach, squeeze out all excess moisture and finely chop.
3Place AdVital Powder in a bowl with 3 of the eggs and whisk until well combined and smooth. Stir in the spinach and feta cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4Whisk remaining egg in a small bowl. Cut the pastry sheets (leaving the plastic attached) in half lengthways (to give you a total of 4 large rectangles). Spoon or pipe the mix in a long line on edge of each pastry rectangle of pastry about 2cm from the bottom edge.
5Brush the top edge with beaten egg. Roll up each pastry rectangle (from bottom to top) to enclose the filling.
6Cut each roll into 3, place onto the prepared baking trays, then brush with beaten egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden, then serve.
Hints & Tips
- Spread basil pesto on pastry before adding the filling.
- Add a small amount of finely grated lemon zest or crushed garlic to the spinach mix.
- Add some diced cheddar (0.5cm x 0.5cm) and/or grated parmesan cheese to the filling to taste.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
- Sprinkle with paprika, sesame or poppy seeds before baking.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free puff pastry.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.