Savoury Cornmeal Muffins
January 25, 2017
Savoury Cornmeal Muffins fortified with AdVital Powder are high in protein and provide a good source of Vitamin D.
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Yields: 10 muffins/10 serves
1Preheat oven to 200°C conventional/180°C fan forced. Prepare a 12-cup (⅓-cup capacity) muffin tin by greasing lightly or lining with muffin cups.
2Prepare the wet mix by placing the corn, yoghurt, (polenta if pre-soaked only*), oil, eggs and AdVital Powder in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined and smooth.
3If using cooked bacon and onion, cool slightly then add to wet mix.
4Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, polenta if it was not pre-soaked, parsley (if using) and cheese to the wet mixture and with minimal mixing, gently combine.
5Divide the batter evenly between 10 muffin cups (each cup will be just over ¾ full).
6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7Cool on wire racks or serve hot.
Hints & Tips
- *For a softer cornmeal, pre soak polenta in the yoghurt and corn for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve with sweetened yoghurt or split muffin and butter.
- Pipe top of muffin with cream cheese, refer to Cream Cheese Recipe.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Not recommended for a low FODMAP diet.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.