January 23, 2017
Yummy Potato Cakes fortified with AdVital Powder are high in protein, energy dense, and provide a good source of Vitamin D.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 18 cakes/6 serves
Batter, refer to Batter Recipe
1Prepare the batter.
2Meanwhile, cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Do not overcook. Cool then thickly slice into 1cm (½ inch) slices.
3Heat a large amount of oil in a heavy, deep saucepan or deep fryer to 180°C.
4Coat potato slices lightly with flour and in small batches dip into batter, make sure each piece is completely covered. Allow surplus batter to drop off before frying.
5Fry until batter is golden brown and cooked through (approximately 4 minutes).
6Lift with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper on top of a wire rack.
7Repeat with remaining potato and batter until used up.
8Season to taste and serve.
Hints & Tips
- Substitute with sweet potatoes, large carrot sticks, zucchini or other vegetables you enjoy.
- Replace dusting flour with AdVital.
- Serve with sauce or salt and vinegar.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk when making the batter.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.