January 18, 2017
This warm & comforting Porridge fortified with AdVital Powder is high in protein, energy dense, and provides a good source of Vitamin A & D and Calcium.
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Yields: 1 serve
1Combine oats, rice or quinoa flakes, milk and water in a saucepan.
2Stir and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until soft.
3Remove from the heat and stir in AdVital Powder.
4Stand for 1 minute then add toppings of your choice to taste and serve.
1Combine oats, rice or quinoa flakes, milk and water in a medium-sized microwavable mixing bowl to prevent boiling over.
2Cook on high for 3 minutes uncovered. Remove and stir.
3Cook on high for 2 minutes or until soft.
4Remove and stir in AdVital Powder.
5Stand for 1 minute then add toppings of your choice to taste and serve.
Hints & Tips
- Toppings: try one or a combination of honey, brown sugar, pureed or dried fruit.
- You might enjoy some seeds and nuts sprinkled over the top or mixed through.
- If you prefer a runnier texture, pour some hot or cold milk over the top before serving.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Replace full cream milk with lactose free milk.
- Avoid high fructose & sugar alcohol toppings.
*Based on a 1000W microwave oven.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.