Pea & Ham Soup
January 27, 2017
Flavourful Pea & Ham Soup fortified with AdVital Powder is high in protein and provides a good source of Vitamin D and Calcium.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Yields: 8 serves
1Rinse split peas under cold running water until water runs clear. Drain.
2Place the split peas, onion, bacon and water into a pan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 35-40 minutes, or until peas are tender.
3Remove from heat. Add AdVital Powder and puree well using a stick blender or vitamiser.
4Adjust the consistency with water if desired. Return soup to low heat and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until heated through.
5Ladle soup into bowls, garnish and serve immediately.
Hints & Tips
- If you love all peas, add 1 cup of frozen peas before pureeing.
- To have more vegetables in your meal, add a cup of diced carrots and celery to the cooking pot.
- Garnish with a spoon of cream and finely chopped parsley.
- Suitable for Texture B diets. For Texture C diets — after soup has been pureed, press through a sieve to ensure it is lump free.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Not recommended for a low FODMAP diet.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.