January 23, 2017
Bite-sized Meatballs fortified with AdVital Powder are high in protein, energy dense, and provide a good source of Vitamin D.
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Yields: 18 balls/6 serves
1Preheat oven to 180°C conventional/160°C fan forced. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
2In large bowl combine egg, water, bread crumbs, AdVital Powder, onion, salt and pepper and combine.
3Add minced meat, broken into chunks, and use your hands to combine.
4Form into small balls approximately 2cm (1 inch) in diameter and place in the prepared dish.
5Bake for 25-30 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink in centre.
Hints & Tips
- Serve with yoghurt and/or sweet chilli, tomato or BBQ sauce.
- Make some melon balls and thread 2-3 cold meat balls alternately with 2-3 melon balls onto a kebab stick.
- Great as a meal with salad or vegetables.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Leave out onion and garlic. Add fresh or dried herbs such as thyme or rosemary for extra flavour.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.