Ham & Sweetcorn Fritters
January 27, 2017
Cheesy Ham & Sweetcorn Fritters fortified with AdVital Powder are high in protein and provide a good source of Vitamin D.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 12 fritters/6 serves
Batter, refer to Batter Recipe
1Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2Prepare the batter according to the recipe.
3Mix in the corn, cheese and ham, and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
4In a heavy frying pan on the stove top, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
5Drop dessert-spoonfuls of batter mixture into pan and fry gently until golden brown in colour — 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to the prepared baking tray, cover loosely with foil and place in a low oven to keep warm.
6Repeat with the remaining oil and batter, reheating the pan between batches.
Hints & Tips
- Replace the corn with any canned or frozen vegetables.
- Leave out the ham for veggie fritters.
- Substitute the ham with diced cooked chicken.
- Add fresh or dried herbs for extra flavour.
- Serve hot or cold spread with cream cheese, refer to Cream Cheese Recipe.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk when making the batter.
- Replace the corn with low FODMAP vegetables such as diced fresh or roasted capsicum, diced canned or frozen carrot and beans, or diced cooked or roasted zucchini.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.