January 17, 2017
Hearty Beef Casserole fortified with AdVital Powder is high in protein, energy dense, and provides a good source of Vitamin A & D.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Yields: 4 serves
To serve: Mashed potatoes, refer to Mashed Potatoes Recipe
1Preheat oven to 180°C conventional/160°C fan forced.
2Place the flour in a small bowl and gradually mix in 2-3 tbsp beef stock to make a smooth paste.
3Place the paste, beef, vegetables, tomato paste, stock and herbs into a casserole dish, stir to combine then cover.
4Place in preheated oven, stirring every half hour or so. If it becomes dry add a small amount of water.
5When the meat and vegetables are tender (1-2 hours) remove from oven, stir in AdVital Powder and peas until well combined and return the covered casserole to the oven for 15 minutes.
6Season to taste and serve hot with mashed potatoes.
1Place the flour in a small bowl and gradually mix in 2-3 tbsp beef stock to make a smooth paste.
2Place the paste, beef, vegetables, tomato paste, stock and herbs in a heavy-based pot. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to low and partially cover the pot. Simmer until the meat and vegetables are tender, approximately 1-2 hours. Stir occasionally, if it becomes dry add a small amount of water.
3When the meat and vegetables are tender remove from heat, stir in AdVital Powder and peas until well combined and return the covered pot to low heat for 15 minutes.
4Season to taste and serve hot with mashed potatoes.
Hints & Tips
- Different cuts of meat require different cook times, check with your butcher.
- When the meat is done it should be tender enough to break apart easily with a fork.
- For extra vegetables, add a cup chopped celery with the carrot.
- Substitute the plain mash with one of our other delicious mash recipes: Potato & Cauliflower Mash or Mashed Orange Veggies.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Leave out onion. Add fresh or dried herbs for extra flavour.
- Use gluten free flour.
- Replace frozen peas with green beans.
- Use stock free of gluten, onion and garlic.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.