January 20, 2017
Crispy Battered Fish fortified with AdVital and served with oven-roasted Potato Wedges is high in protein, energy dense, and provides a good source of Vitamin A & D and Calcium.
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 4 serves
Batter, refer to Batter Recipe
Potato wedges, refer to Potato Wedges Recipe
Tartare sauce, refer to Tartare Sauce Recipe
1Prepare Potato Wedges and Tartare Sauce.
2Prepare the batter.
3Heat a large amount of oil in a heavy, deep saucepan or deep fryer to 180°C.
4Coat fish fillets lightly with flour and in small batches dip into the batter, make sure each piece is completely covered. Allow surplus batter to drop off before frying.
5Fry until batter is golden brown and fish is cooked through.
6Lift with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper and wire rack.
7Repeat with remaining fish and batter until used.
8Season and serve with potato wedges, tartare sauce and lemon wedges.
Hints & Tips
- Use breadcrumbs mixed with some finely chopped parsley instead of batter to coat fish. Coat fish with flour or AdVital, dip in egg and coat in crumbs, then fry.
- Replace dusting flour with AdVital.
- Offer as a snack throughout the day.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk when making the batter, and gluten free flour for dusting.
- If using a store bought Tartare sauce, choose one that does not contain onion or garlic.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.