January 23, 2017
Crunchy Battered Chicken fortified with AdVital Powder is high in protein, energy dense, and provides a good source of Vitamin D.
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Yields: 4 serves
Batter, refer to Batter Recipe
1Prepare the batter.
2Slice chicken into 2.5cm (1 inch) strips.
3Heat a large amount of oil in a heavy, deep saucepan or deep fryer to 180°C.
4Coat chicken strips lightly with flour and in small batches dip into the batter, make sure each piece is completely covered. Allow surplus batter to drop off before frying.
5Fry until batter is golden brown and chicken is cooked through (approximately 4 minutes).
6Lift with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper and wire rack.
7Repeat with remaining chicken and batter until used.
8Season to taste and serve.
Hints & Tips
- Use breadcrumbs mixed with some finely chopped parsley instead of batter to coat chicken.
- Serve with mayonnaise (refer to Mayonnaise Recipe) or raita (refer to Raita Recipe).
- Serve chicken pieces as a snack throughout the day.
- Replace dusting flour with AdVital.
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk when making the batter.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.