January 25, 2017
Crisp Apple Fritters fortified with AdVital Powder are high in protein, energy dense, and provide a good source of Vitamin D.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 12 fritters/6 serves
Batter, refer to Batter Recipe
1Stir diced apples into batter.
2In a heavy frying pan on the stove top, heat oil over medium-high heat.
3Drop a teaspoon of apple batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown in colour (approximately 3-4 minutes on each side).
4Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
5Cool and serve sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
Hints & Tips
- Replace the apple in this recipe with pieces of pineapple or banana.
- Serve with whipped cream (refer to Scones with Jam & Cream Recipe) or custard (refer to Custard Recipe).
Low FODMAP Diet Tips
- Use gluten free flour and lactose free milk when making the batter.
- Replace the apple with a low FODMAP fruit such as banana.
For full nutrition information for this recipe, please refer to the AdVital Recipe Book in the AdVital Media Library.